Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Question about STD?

have several questions about STDs?











1) I have adult acne. Recently I had a pimple looking bump above my upper left lip. It was a good size and it looked liked it was right next to my lip. It nevered blistered and went down in four to five days. The following week, I got another pimple just below my right bottom lip. This one was right below the lip. It got a little white head on it and I popped it (with pus and a little bit of blood).











I took your advise from this forum and got a herpe select blood test for HSV 1 and 2 (6 months past last possible exposure). It was negative on both (my lab actually sent my lab work to be done at Focus). Can I safely say that the test are correct and that they are just pimples? Can you get pimples next to the lip?











2) Can you get any STDs from deep kissing (no tonsil hockey, but our tongues touched a few times) someone that is at high risk of an STD? I have been getting canker sores, since my exposure from http://www.STDromance.com

Question about STD?
During the blood test, did you have lesions at your lips? The best way to determine is to get a viral culture (expensive). I'm surprised the doctor didn't swab the lesion for the test (PCR or culture). It seems like a local problem. Have you tried Abreva or Carmex on it yet? Maybe you can backwards-diagnose the problem if it responds to it and makes it better (cheaper way to do it). Since the first blisters, have they come back? That's another way to tell if it is or not.





It's possible to get STD's like herpes from kissing. As long as the person is shedding the virus, and you happened to have a cut on your lips - or even chapped lips that happened to be bleeding (even though it was un-noticeable to you). If you just happened to have a cut, you can probably get AIDS and other things too.


No comments:

Post a Comment