Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Too much testosterone!?!?

Ok, so here is the deal. I have had excessive weight gain (particularly in the middle) horrible adult acne, and hot flashes. My husband and i are wanting to have a child, so at my last annual visit with my gyno i told him that and also told him about all of my symptoms i mentioned above. he told me he wanted my husband to get a semen analysis before we start anything else, but he thought that i might have PCOS. well my husband gave a sample, and it came back that he has abnormal shaped sperm. so my gyno wants my hubby to see a urologist. OK HELLO?? WHAT ABOUT ME? I am the one suffering with horrbile disgusting acne, weight gain and hot flashes. what do you think i should do next. i just want to get my hormomes under control. i feel as if i have been mis-diagnosed for years by my different gynos, becuase i have always had a jacked up cycle and female issues. HELP?!?!?!?

Too much testosterone!?!?
seek a second opinion with another gyno : )
Reply:Hi I have PCOS, but i havent got a high amount of testosterone. I was also 'Neglected' by many Gino's, and still trying to get the right treatment. The best thing you can try to do is regulate your periods, this is really helping me. If i dont use the pill to regulate them, im lucky if i get 2 periods a year (im only 18). But your gino should test your hormone levels, blood tests, and scans.





Sorry if i couldnt help more, im basicly going through the same thing. Doc's dont seem to want to help





Good Luck and i hope you find a good Gino


No comments:

Post a Comment