Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Will Retin-A work better if you take a break from it?

I have been using Retin-A for many continuous year for adult acne and to keep the wrinkles away and give my skin that youthful glow. Although it works well at keeping the acne away, my skin doesn't look as radiant as it used to when I began using it. I would like that radiance back. Does anybody have any experience with using Retin-A and taking a break for a few months? When you start again does you skin's overall appearance look better?

Will Retin-A work better if you take a break from it?
I've been using Retin-A forever. Have you tried switching to Retin-A micro? It's cream-based and not gel-based, and doesn't dry out as much.


Anyway, here's my theory on the whole thing: switch it up a bit. I always switch or alternate face washes AND any acne medication so that my body/skin doesn't get used to it. I would recommend using one product one week, and then switching to another, back and forth. I use Retin-A and something called PanOxyl. You can find it at CVS/Pharmacy or Walgreens, and it comes in a white box with blue writing. It is probably THE best over the counter acne medication. It has benzoyl peroxide in it, which is different from the ingrediants in Retin-A, so it's a very good change for your skin. Plus, PanOxyl gets rid of ALL the redness overnight, and doesn't dry out much at all. It comes in a cream and face wash, but the cream is best to use at night. Give it a try, I've tried so many products...I'd have to say this combo is the best. :)
Reply:I too have used it in this way. sounds logical, I had to take a break because my insurance end with my job .


Try Ibendenol an antioxidant


No comments:

Post a Comment